11 February 2010

A gift from home!

Going back in time to 2 Sundays ago, my first full day in France, it snowed in Cannes for the first time in 15years (I have also been told 10years, but I’m going to go with 15 cause it sounds more dramatic). At the sight of this I was completely heartbroken because I left Pennsylvania in search of a warmer climate and NO SNOW! Fortunately that day it quickly melted and by mid-afternoon it appeared as if it never happened. However, Mother Nature was not finished playing tricks on the sunny coastal town.

After receiving news and pictures from home of the 2010 blizzard for days, many of us students were being thankful (and maybe bragging) that instead of suffering the storm we were on the beach in the South of France. Of course this did not please Mother Nature and she felt that we needed a little bit of home. So while in class this morning students and teachers watched out the window as the courtyard turned white. Receiving about 2 inches of the white, fluffy stuff. I have to say a snow covered palm tree is very bizarre! If you believe in karma we probably got what we deserved, but I am still perturbed that the snow (that hadn’t fallen in 15years) had to stop by while I am living here. C’est la vie!


No comments:

Post a Comment